hotel chain social media assessment
The client identified a need to become best practice in social media globally for their customers, staff and loyalty programs. The experience among brands, and individual hotels, was fragmented with inconsistencies in terms of channels, content and management. The client wanted to ensure there was a consistent message being presented across hotels; while still allowing individual hotels - both corporately owned and franchised - to have their own 'voice'.
The execution of a market assessment and benchmark between hotel chains and identifying potential opportunities where customer experience could be improved through social media. This was supported by an additional review of the company/franchise social media relationship to identify and analyze the social media impact of a brand merge proposal to franchisees.
The assessment ensured that all client executives were aligned in the strategic priority in implementing a social media strategy; leading to additional on-sell work for the project and embedding Deloitte on the client's Social Media Steering Committee.
- Completing a social media audit across hotel chains and hotels
- Preparing and facilitating stakeholder interviews and workshops
- Leveraging tools such as Radian6 to assess social media chatter
- Industry and global benchmark assessment of hotel chains
- Defining the future-state experience of embedding social across the customer experience and lifecycle
- Determining the social media and business impact of brand merging with franchisees
- SME and advisor for the development of the social media strategy