STATE-BASED OBAMACARE (HIX) MOBILE APP
After successfully launching the web experience for a state-based obamacare implementation (health insurance exchange, or HIX); adoption of health insurance was still low within lower socio-economic counties. It was identified that most of the citizens in these counties did not have access to computers to be able to enroll in health insurance. The existing mobile app only allowed for users to find high level information about their health insurance options and finding insurance agents to support their enrollment.
A new release of the mobile app (across iOS and Android) to support enrollment using an 'conversation-based' chat experience to simplify the form experience of enrolling.
By providing a mobile enrollment process through the existing mobile experience, users were able to enroll in health insurance more efficiently through a simplified process.
- Responsible for the development of user research and usability test strategies.
- Executed user research and usability testing across metropolitan and regional counties.
- Synthesized insights for project team and client consumption.
- Developed personas to support user-centric approach buy-in.
- Executed heuristic review on existing web experience and enrollment process.
- Developed and managed JIRA projects to support studio design and development work.
- On-site client engagement and proxy product owner with consulting and client project teams.
- Workshop facilitation and meeting management.