department store research & benchmark
The client, a Mexican department store chain, had developed a sales associate tablet app for all customer-facing employees. After multiple releases, the client wanted to validate that their sales & service experience was best in class and identify any opportunities for future improvements.
A detailed research and benchmarking activity - including an assessment of the US retailer market, a platform assessment of key order management vendors and on site ethnographic research across the client's department stores.
The research was able to identify that the current tablet was best in class across US and Mexico retailers; but identified user experience and process opportunities to improve service and sales across sales associates.
- Research Lead for project.
- Development of Research Strategy & Approach to define activities and timeline.
- On site research with 30+ sales associates across multiple Mexico regions.
- Managed US retailer benchmarking activities across 15 leading retailers.
- Conducted vendor assessment and interviews with Order Management Platform vendors.
- Developed Research Findings Report.
- Presented findings to client executive (CEO, company owners).
- Project management of research & UX activities.
- Mentor and manager for junior resources across the US and Mexico.